Enhancements of Scout Enterprise Management Suite 15.2.0 CR
- Advanced Search View to list devices with multiple filter options
- Predefinable command parameters in command templates
- Configurable time-out for user acceptance to establish a mirror session
- Reactivate OU filter for selected devices or device groups
- Enhanced configuration options for VMware Horizon View client
- Fluendo licenses can be released and re-assigned much easier
- License log data shown in a dialog can be exported to file for further processing
- Administrator activity log can be viewed
Enhancements of eLux RP 6.2.0 CR
- VMware Horizon View Client version 4.7
- Java Runtime SE 8 Update 162
- GStreamer multimedia framework V1.12.4
- WebKit2 GTK Layout Engine 2.18.4
- Upgrade to kernel 4.14.17 due to critical Intel processor vulnerability “Meltdown”
- Microcode updates for Intel and AMD processors against “Spectre”
- Upgrade to openssl 1.0.2n due to critical vulnerabilities CVE-2017-3737 and CVE-2017-3738
- Security fix for systemd due to critical vulnerablity CVE-2017-18078
- Security patch in libcurl due to critical vulnerabilities CVE-2017-1000254 and CVE-2017-1000257
The new product versions eLux RP 6.2.0 and Scout Enterprise 15.2.0 offer an improved encryption method for device passwords in addition to the certificate-based management protocol via IP port 22125 with end-to-end encryption (TLS).
As a result, Scout Enterprise 15.2.0 is compatible with eLux RP 5 and eLux RP 6.2.0, but not with eLux RP 6.0.0 and eLux RP 6.1.0.
eLux RP 6.2.0 clients can be managed centrally with Scout Enterprise 15.1.0 and later versions.
An overview of all versions can be found in our Compatibility matrix.
“Meltdown” and “Spectre”
Further security updates to fix the Intel and AMD processor vulnerabilities are included in the release of eLux RP 6.2.0 CR. The updates consists of patches for the Linux kernel and processor microcode updates for AMD and Intel chipsets. For more information about the security update, see the package details of the eLux RP 6.2.0 CR on www.myelux.com. Unicon strongly recommends to perform the relevant system updates for your eLux devices. Please note that after the updates, appropriate tests in your system environment are necessary to ensure that the desired functionality is still available.
See also the Client HCL on myelux.com for the client models supported by this version of eLux RP 6.
Please note that the HCL will be updated by the beginning of April.
The final HCL version will be available from 13th April 2018.