The new version of our base operating system eLux RP 6 is now available as 64-bit version.
Enhancements of Scout Enterprise Management Suite 15.3.1 CR
- New power management dialog offers device configuration options for energy saving
- Configuration option for a separate load balancer address for multi server environments
- Re-use of already imported files in the Scout Enterprise database for further configurations
- Auto-connect for WLAN can be configured for multiple profiles
- Input field for the firmware path can be predefined to avoid individual entries
- The Num Lock option in the advanced keyboard configuration can be set to use the value from the device
Enhancements of eLux RP 6.3.0 CR
- 64-bit version of the eLux RP 6 operating system
- Local application definition in new desktop design
- Live information for WLAN connection and battery status on the systembar
- Power management profiles to configure energy settings
- Support for Citrix store provisioning files
- Citrix Receiver for Linux 22.214.171.124 with Citrix HDX Browser Content Redirection
- Citrix HDX RealTime Media Engine 126.96.36.1990 for Microsoft Skype® for Business
- Firefox version 52.8.0 (ESR)
- PowerTerm InterConnect for Linux V12
- Cisco AnyConnect 4.5.05030
- Cryptovision sc/interface 188.8.131.527
- Cherry eHealth USB-LAN proxy 184.108.40.206
- Java Runtime SE 8 Update 181
- WebKit2 GTK Layout Engine 2.20.2
- Upgrade to kernel 4.14.39 including kernel patches due to critical vulnerabilities
Important – Compatibility
The new product versions eLux RP 6.3.0 and Scout Enterprise Management Suite 15.3.1 offer an improved encryption method for device passwords in addition to the certificate-based management protocol via IP port 22125 with end-to-end encryption (TLS).
As a result, Scout Enterprise 15.3.1 is compatible with eLux RP 5, eLux RP 6.2.0 and eLux RP 6.3, but not with eLux RP 6.0 and eLux RP 6.1.
Devices running eLux RP 6.2. and eLux RP 6.3 can be managed through Scout Enterprise Management Suite 15.1.0 and later versions.
An overview of all versions can be found in our Compatibility matrix.
“Meltdown” and “Spectre”
Further security updates to fix the Intel and AMD processor vulnerabilities are included in the release of eLux RP 6.3.0 CR. The updates consist of patches for the Linux kernel and processor microcode updates for AMD and Intel chipsets. Unicon strongly recommends to perform the relevant system updates for your eLux devices. Please note that, after the update, appropriate tests in your system environment are necessary to ensure that the desired functionality is still available.
See also the Client HCL on myelux.com for the client models supported by this version of eLux RP 6.
Please note that the HCL will be updated by the beginning of September. The final HCL version will be available from 3rd September 2018.