Press Release Scout Enterprise 15.9.0 LTSR & eLux RP 6.9.0 LTSR
Here for the long term and with a new easy to configure User Interface. Migrating to thin client computing has never been so easy!
Reliable endpoint device management is achieved through the successful LTSR strategy from Unicon Software. Now even easier to deploy with all the versatility of eLux®, eLux® portable and the latest version of Scout Enterprise Management Suite and Scout Enterprise Cloud Gateway. Enterprise security – even when working from home.
Karlsruhe, Germany 22nd June 2020. Unicon Software, a leading provider for Cloud Computing Solutions and specialist in Thin Client Computing Software, is delighted to announce the latest Long-Term Service Release (LTSR) of eLux RP® and Scout Enterprise Management Suite® available for download. The LTSR of eLux RP® 6.9 and Scout Enterprise Management Suite® 15.9 reduces the need for additional evaluation and testing, further saving the time spent in managing updates. Further benefit from reduced Total Cost of Ownership; the latest security patches and fixes ensure a secure and reliable software solution for the next 12 to 18 months.
Beyond the expected and necessary security patches, the latest version includes a highly intuitive display setup wizard with easy drag and drop features for even greater end-user customisation. This is a massive benefit for multiple screen users on the trading floor, as up to six screens can be configured, allowing portrait or landscape mode.
Last month also saw the launch eLux® Portable the highly secure Linux based operating system for x86 machines providing a really attractive proposition for remote working. No matter the location, or the age of computer, eLux® Portable is easily deployed from a USB drive. The workforce has access to all their applications and data, whilst being fully protected by enterprise grade security and the organisation extends the life of their computing assets without blowing the budget.
And it’s completely FREE, until 31st October 2020.
Eric Schreyer, Unicon Software, Requirements Manager commented, “We constantly strive to offer organisations flexible, cost efficient, as well as highly secure solutions and we have achieved this with our latest updates and more! Now we’ve been able create a user interface coupled with configuration tools that make for both a seamless set up and fabulous end user experience, configurable to their individual needs. Our latest update is feature rich providing benefits for the user as well as the IT administrators.”
Long Term Service Release key features include:
- Latest security patches and hardware support
- Optimized user interface to enhance the user experience – reduce user interactions - one click live information
- Support of Scout Enterprise Cloud Gateway 1.2
- Support of OpenID Connect/Keycloak identity and access management
- Store selector menu for multiple Citrix StoreFront sessions in kiosk mode
- Easy-to-use Configuration Wizard
- Application icons on the personal desktop can be freely placed by drag&drop
- eLux Command Scheduler enables the configuration of time-controlled commands such as firmware update, configuration synchronization and device restart, which are executed automatically and directly on the thin clients
Scout Enterprise Management Suite
- Improved configuration dialog for display resolution and layout
- For service providers who maintain a scalable Scout Enterprise infrastructure for several customers in parallel, the Service Provider mode offers the option of flexible billing of license fees as required.
- FollowMe Desktop allows user-specific configuration settings that can be used across devices
- elux Portable USB Drive support
- Configurable maintenance windows allow central control of maintenance tasks exclusively for authorized administrators
- Application definition templates enable you to customize the initial values for application types in the application definition dialogs
About Unicon Software
Unicon Software Entwicklungs- und Vertriebsgesellschaft mbH is an experienced provider of cloud computing solutions combined with thin client infrastructures. Unicon has been developing cloud computing software since 1993 and provides enterprises with IT solutions which are flexible, cost-effective and secure. Unicon’s software solutions include the Linux-based, hardware-independent operating system eLux® and the Scout Enterprise Management Suite®, both of which are ideally suited for centralized IT landscapes. At present, eLux runs on more than 1.5 million thin clients in 65 countries.
For detailed information, please visit www.unicon-software.com .
Unicon Software Entwicklungs- und Vertriebsgesellschaft mbH
Requirements Manager & Marketing
Tel.: +49 (0)721 96451-0
 After the Free period the Scout Enterprise Management Server will apply: an eLux & Scout Enterprise Management license to the eLux® Portable software.